Thoughts + Update on My Personal Finance Journey

Hello there! It’s a short work week, and we are done with Monday!

Decided to pop by this site to remind myself to not abandon it (yet). *sheepish smile*  Happy to have a long weekend ahead! Thank you National Day, and Hari Raya for blessing us on the same weekend.  Now I cant shake my mind off the 4-day weekend while I hustle through the week (and it is barely the start! Oops).

Recently started on a popular book, This is what Inequality looks like, by Teo You Yenn. Trying to revive my reading habits these days, and attempted my first book reservation. Think it was $1.55? Past me would’ve never spent it, but current working adult me was like ‘$1.55?? Take it.’ Gladly exchanged my time taken to dig for the book with $$ haha. Is this what a time-deprived adult does? Buying convenience with money.

Anyway, I’m currently halfway through the book and i love it. I love how the little essays within the book brings me through the eyes of the writer, as she visits these rental flats and notices trends and stories of the lives of these people. It’s really an eye-opener. I feel like constant reminders are required to remind us how lucky we are, especially because of how easy it is to forget such privileges as we blindly chiong through our daily lives, and get lost and headless in this endless rat race. It’s truly a fresh breath of air as I journey with this book, almost slowly my footsteps and taking a step back to appreciate what I already have, and how far i’ve come.

Sometimes I feel demotivated by this whole ‘working-to-earn-money-so-i-can-save-money-and-retire-or-just-do-what-i-truly-like’ thing, I start to do up my finances to keep track of how far i am from my short-term goals. I was just tabulating my numbers up yesterday, and to my surprise - I am currently well on track for my personal finance goal! *pops confetti* Ifffffff all were to go well..... i might be able to achieve it next year. Y A Y. Now I’m excited to receive my next paycheck, which will come........ next week. I love watching these little figures slowly rise up. It is a satisfaction which is far greater than retail therapy, for me at least.

BUT I MUST CLARIFY. I made a hugeeeee purchase last month - splurged my bonus away yikes and I have no regrets!!!! LOVED IT. Thought it through for super damn long (i think i’d only spend $XXXX on travel lol.), and had a 15min buyer’s regret. But other than that, I FEEL GOOD. May i always remember that life isn’t all about just saving too. :-)

Alrighty, time to find some netflix shows to nua to.

BYE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 lessons I've learnt at 30

Saving my next $100,000 - How’s it going?

Tracking my income growth since graduation